Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Whole-y Moly

If you asked everyone in the world to write down what their life goal was, you'd probably get a lot of this: success, wealth, happiness, true love, etc. Inspiring aspirations right there (for the most part).

Today was hectic, to say the least. Rain sent me and the older kiddos to the library, which was a bit more like a zoo. Once home, there was serious cleaning to be done, and Capers was no help....meaning he (attempted to) gobble anything within the reaches of his big furry paws. I managed to put Thomas down for a "rest" (the term "nap" is a little too unnerving for him), with Harper and the baby occupied in the playroom, while I whipped up a veggie burger. See, I needed the protein for my workout later--the gym that the parents are members of has childcare up to two hours!

I leapt, quite literally, at this opportunity. I packed all three kids in the car and headed for a solid sweat sesh. And believe me, it was. 30 minutes intervals on the elliptical to get my bearings, calisthenics and weights for about 40 minutes, and 20 minutes on the treadmill! It was exhilarating. I wasn't even famished afterwards. Good thing, too, because then we went to the farmer's market with the whole fam! Dinner was a locally grown peach and a homemade black bean/corn/cheddar crepe.

Today felt whole. Because I've been eating almost entirely organic, have cut out any kind of soda, and focused in on protein (pescatarian only!). Because I've had time to legitimately read for pleasure and pleasure only. Because I get to love on these precious children. Because I always spend time daily with the Lord and in His word!

That last one is by FAR the most important. While I haven't been out much and had crazy amounts of companionship (um, next to nothing), I have rested in the Lord and His plans. So, yes, I probably had some serious endorphins from my workout. Surely eating right has helped my body feel great. But my heart? It belongs to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment