Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Prompt

It's been a busy past few days, but today I felt prompted to post. Last night I had just snuck up to my third floor hideaway--which consists of my bed, a bathroom, and some living space with a couch and TV. Just a few minutes after plopping on said couch and opening my laptop to watch some quality Netflix, I heard the obnoxious creak of my door opening and some soft pitter-patters up the stairs. It was about 9...a solid hour and a half after Harper's bedtime and she scooted next to me.

She couldn't sleep, so we talked for a few minutes and then I walked her back down. I snuggled up next to her in her bed. She said she wanted a dreamcatcher for her bad dreams, but I insisted she didn't need one at all! I tried to prompt her to think about something else....perhaps the two-week long trip we will embark on Thursday! Or maybe her favorite TV shows, or the beach, or her bet friend Eva Gray.

Before long, she simply said, "You can go back upstairs now. Goodnight, Anna!" And that was that.

I'll leave you with this lovely quotation!

No comments:

Post a Comment