Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Eternity

You know what felt like eternity? The beach, as my blistered heels pounded the sand this morning. But a lovely breeze and the stares of strangers kept me going on a nice little beach jaunt this morning to get my blood pumping. Endorphins, plus a deposit into my checking account, mixed in with a little soymilk chai latte, and you've got me in the most wonderful mood!

As great as this morning was, though, something has been nagging me as of late. While my occupation (nanny of three and mommy-helper!) is one of service (aka I probably give more than I take), I've been missing the ability to give back. Serving others has always been a part of my life, and while it probably hasn't always been for the right reasons, it means a whole lot to me.

So in the little town of Mount Pleasant, a world of beach bums, business tycoons, and the incredibly fortunate, I would like to shine a light--not of my own, but of the one who owns me! Despite Charleston's historic and ritzy reputation, downtown has its fair share of gang violence. With any city comes homelessness, orphans, and the like.

So, I will be praying for a service opportunity! As far as I'm concerned, there's never a lack of people needing help :-)


Get ready for this irony...My Utmost For His Highest this morning is about the rich young ruler having to sell all of his possessions and follow the Lord! Could you do it? Give up that one worldly thing that you let define you?

No comments:

Post a Comment